Jobless rate expected to touch 9% this yearPublish date: 05-11-2009
The unemployment rate is expected to rise from 5.8% in 2008 to about 9% in 2009, followed by a gradual easing to about 8.7% in 2010, according European Commission's autumn forecasts.
In its spring forecasts, EC expected the unemployment rate to grow to 8% in 2009 and then decline to 7.7% in 2010. EC data are calculated by the methodology of International Labor Bureau.
The National Prognosis Commission expects an unemployment rate of 7.6%, followed by decline to 6.2% in 2010, under the Romanian standards.Under ILB's standards, CNP sees a jobless rate of 8.4% in 2009 and 7.7% in 2010.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei