Traian Basescu: There are compromise formulas to enforce the Lisbon Treaty by the end of the yearPublish date: Astazi, 03-11-2009
The Lisbon Treaty will be enforced by the end of this year. The announcement was made by the Romanian president Traian Basescu, who took part in the European Union chiefs of state and of government meeting in Brussels. "There are compromise formulas which will give the Czech Republic satisfaction so that, by the end of this year, the Lisbon Treaty will be enforced", president Basescu underlined. He efused to comment on whom Romania was backing for the EU's presidency, stating only that "Romania has got a strategy "and" a proposal for everything. Regarding the economic crisis, "from our point of view, things look good: the Council has pronounced itself in favour of a solution that reflects the moment's economic realities", Basescu said. There are the President's most important statements:
- There are compromise formulas that give the Czech Republic satisfaction.
- By the end of the year, the Lisbon Treaty will be enforced.
- The economic crisis: From our point of view, things look good: the Council has pronounced itself in favour of a solution that reflects the moment's economic realities and it did not choose to to start the procedures of taking governments out of the intervention strategy for reducing the crisis' effects.
- There is a treatment of the Afghanistan - Pakistan issue, noting a worsening of the security problem, especially in Pakistan, a chief country for the victory of the allied troops.
He also refused to reveal who was Romania backing for the EU presidentship. On Thursday and Friday, the president took part in the autumn works of the European Council in Brussels. According to the Presidential administration, the main subjects on the list for the chiefs of states and governments addressed the debate on the Union's institutional architecture and preparing a common EU position for the International UN Conference on the climate change in Copenhagen from 7-18 December 2009. The subjects' agenda also featured debates on the economic, financial and employment crises within the Union, the EU Strategy for the Baltic sea region, managing illegal immigration and the Afghanistan - Pakistan situation.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei