GE may invest in Romania via $250mln equity fundPublish date: 03-11-2009
The US-based technology and services conglomerate has launched the GE Healthymagination, a new equity fund that will make $250mln investment in healthcare technology companies, including Romanian companies. "The healthcare industry needs state-of-the-art solutions and we have to create technologies that would help both doctors and hospitals in delivering medical services to a higher number of patients, at lower costs and at a higher quality. GE is capable of providing assistance to healthcare technology companies around the world, including in Romania", said Radu Gorduza-Lupu , strategic manager at General Electric Moldova, Bulgaria and Romania.
The assistance includes funding for research and development, as well as expertise in investment. "The fund provides entrepreneurs the opportunity of working with a global leader in healthcare technology in common interest sectors. It is vital to support healthcare companies developing innovative business models and services, that once aligned to our strategies have the potential of shaping a new age of patient care", GE said in a press release.
The fund will target three broad areas for investment: broad-based diagnostics, including imaging, patient monitoring, molecular diagnostics, pathology, novel imaging agents; healthcare information technology, including electronic medical records, clinical information systems, healthcare information exchanges and life sciences, including tools for research and development in biopharmaceuticals and stem cells, and technologies for manufacturing of biopharmaceuticals and vaccines.
GE Healthcare, industrial research division of General Electric, world leader in healthcare equipment and services, that operates in Romania. GE Healthcare Romania was established in 2000, and its shareholders are: General Electric International Benelux BV, Netherlands and General Electric Holdings Luxembourg & Co. GE Healthcare employs over 46,000 around the world in over 100 countries.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei