Romania's 8-Mo Budget Deficit At 4.5% Of GDPPublish date: 28-09-2009
Romania's consolidated budget deficit rose one percentage point in August, to 4.5% of the gross domestic product, the Finance Ministry said Friday. In nominal terms, the country's consolidated budget deficit rose to 22.3 billion lei (EUR1=RON4.2046) in the first eight months.
At the end of July, Romania's budget deficit stood at 3.31% of the GDP. In January-August, total revenue to the general consolidated budget stood at RON103.2 billion, while overall expenditure reached RON125.59 billion in January-August.
The country's consolidated budget deficit end-August took into account the revised GDP forecast for 2009 to RON497.3 billion.
The Finance Ministry state secretary Gheorghe Gherghina told Mediafax mid-September, citing preliminary data, Romania's consolidated budget deficit rose one percentage point in August, to 4.4% of the GDP.
The International Monetary Fund has agreed to allow Romania a budget deficit of 7.3% of the gross domestic product in 2009, higher than the 4.6% cap negotiated this spring, due to a deeper-than-expected economic decline.
Romania secured end-March a EUR19.95 billion financial aid from the IMF, the European Union and other international institutions to cope with the deepening recession. IMF granted Romania a EUR12.95 billion two-year stand-by loan, as part of the financial package.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei