Romania's Govt OKs "First House" Program's Changes - SourcesPublish date: 23-07-2009
Romania's Government approved Wednesday the changes brought to the "First House" program and agreed during the bank managers' Tuesday talks with Prime Minister Emil Boc, official sources told MEDIAFAX.
Boc met Tuesday with the bankers interested in the program that grants a state guarantee of up to EUR60,000 for people aiming to buy their first house.
At the end of the meeting, the bankers announced that the convention's text will be changed Thursday with a provision to include in the program the newly-built apartments that are financed from loans and already mortgaged by their developers.
The bankers and the Premier also discussed Tuesday about setting up an insurance for the respective dwellings and the way of recovering the money in case the owners fail to pay the installments.
The guarantee convention was signed by the Finance Ministry and the National Fund for Guaranteeing the Small- and Mid-Sized Enterprises, on one hand, and the representatives of the banks interested to participate in the program, on the other hand.
Initially, the Finance Ministry received offers for the "First House" program from 20 banks. The value of the offers submitted by the banks totaled EUR1.46 billion, higher than the maximum guarantee threshold of EUR1 billion set up by the government.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei