EUR 125 M from the EU for completion of Cernavoda-Constanta motorwayPublish date: 22-07-2009
The European Union gave green light to a first financing, worth EUR 125 M, for two major projects, namely the Cernavoda-Constanta Motorway and the ring road around Constanta, Transport Minister Radu Berceanu told a press conference yesterday, Agerpres reports.
"We have the first two major projects approved for financing by the EU, namely the Cernavoda-Constanta Motorway, where we have EUR 71 M as EU non-refunding contribution, and the Constanta ring road - EUR 53 M," Berceanu explained. However, the minister added that EUR 125 M are a very small sum for the Transport Ministry (MT), as some EUR 4.5 bln are allotted for this sector by 2013.
"These EUR 125 M represent a first step, very small. Unfortunately, not many approaches have been made for using more money. We now have many other projects that are in various stages, so that to obtain approvals from the EU by the end of the year and to have the possibility to spend really important sums in 2010 for the transport activity," Berceanu stated.
Works at the Bucharest-Constanta motorway are split into three segments: Cernavoda-Medgidia, Medgidia-Constanta and the Constanta ring road. "We expropriated many lands, with an outstanding financial effort, so that constructors can effectively start their work," Berceanu added. The deadline for the completion of works was set on May 1st 2011, and the cost of the project amounts to EUR 400 M. The money for the Cernavoda-Constanta motorway segment will come from the government, from EIB funds and as EU grants.
Contract between MT and Vinci-Aktor consortium to be signed in two weeks
The Ministry of Transport and Infrastructure will sign in two weeks' time a concession contract with the Vinci/Aktor consortium over the construction of the Comarnic-Brasov motorway section, Transport Minister Radu Berceanu told a press conference yesterday. 'There have been some complaints regarding this tender, but I was told they have all been worked out. We'll discuss the details in the contract in the next seven to eight days, with the contract to be signed in two weeks at the latest,' Mediafax reported Berceanu as saying. The contract is valued at EUR 1.5 bln.
RON 90 m of debts to bucharest-ploiesti motorway constructors The Ministry of Transport and Infrastructure owes debts worth RON 90 M to the constructors of the Bucharest-Ploiesti motorway, as the Court of Audits ordered payments shall be stopped due to errors made last year. 'Although works at the Bucharest-Ploiesti motorway are underway, payments have ceased given a problem uncovered by the Court of Audits in last year's activity. We are taking steps to fix those errors and will pay the RON 90 M arrears in the upcoming period so that works keep going,' Radu Berceanu also said, according to whom once the debt is paid the funds allocated to the project will be exhausted, with the ministry seeking solutions to provide financing until the end of this year.
Referring to the Baneasa flyover, the minister said he is trying to persuade the company in charge of digging the water retention canals under the overpass to complete the work by year's end. eu okays post management unit audits The European Union green lighted auditing procedures for the three management units associated with the Transport Sectorial Operational Programme (POST) which should have been finalised as early as 2007.' At last, POST management authorities, one from the ministry, another, with national rail authority CFR, and a third, at CNADNR, have been audited and the EU informed us that everything is alright, therefore, the relationship with the Union can now unfold normally,' Berceanu said, calling it 'a great pity' the audits being two years late.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei