Romanian Govt Postpones Vacation Bonus Granting Until YearendPublish date: 16-07-2009
The Romanian Government decided to postpone the granting of vacation bonuses until the end of the year, when a complete analysis on the evolution of the economy and of the available budget resources will be performed, official sources told MEDIAFAX Wednesday.
Agriculture minister Ilie Sarbu said Wednesday he is convinced that the suspension of vacation bonuses for employees will determine them to sue the institution for their money.
The minister added this topic could be discussed in the Government meeting, since the court, on previous occasions, has ruled in favor of the plaintiffs in similar cases.
"A precedent was created and then we will have to apply (Wednesday), in the Government, one of two options: not give the money and forcefully pay it later under a court ruling, or give the money and leave things as they are," Sarbu said.
Ministry of Agriculture secretary general Miron Moldovan said Thursday that the institution postponed, starting with July, over an undetermined interval, the granting of vacation bonuses, due to the priority of securing normal wages, with the economic crisis in the backdrop.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei