Unemployment rate in Bucharest climbs to 1.83% in June, data showPublish date: 10-07-2009
The unemployment rate in Bucharest inched to 1.83 percent at the end of June and the number of jobless people counted by the local labor force agency (AMOFM) reached 19,733, the institution announced.
Women account for 54.2 percent of the total jobless in Bucharest and of 53.7 percent of the people receiving an unemployment allowance. However, some 7,907 people do not receive any financial aid.
Around 7,830 unemployed in Bucharest found a job in the first six months of the year.
The national unemployment rate rose to 6 percent in June from 5.8 percent in May and the number of jobless people increased by 22,127 to 548,930, the maximum level of the past three years and four months.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei