Romania's stock market plunges in today's session, on the weakest share trading volume this yearPublish date: 07-07-2009
The Bucharest Stock Exchange (BSE) ended the first session of the week in the red, with falls of up to 2.3 percent for the financial sector of the five SIFs, on the lowest liquidity this year for the share segment, of only 2.81 million lei.
Trading values hiked to 29 million lei (6.88 million euros), underpinned mainly by transactions with bonds and state securities.
The Rasdaq over-the-counter market was market by the public takeover bid of insurer Ardaf, which pushed the trading volume up to 21.18 million lei.
Generali PPF Holding, the main shareholder of Ardaf Bucuresti, acquired 16.87 percent of the company's share capital from minority shareholders, offering them 20.23 million lei for their stakes.
The BET index of the ten best companies on the market dropped 1.26 percent to 3,394.53 and the BET-C composite index assessing all listed shares without financial companies lowered 1.46 percent to 2,084.72.
The BET-FI index of the five SIFs lost 2.29 percent to 16,189.36 and the ROTX index for trading blue-chips in Vienna slipped 1.15 percent to 6,729.62.
The BET-XT index of the 25 most liquid stocks decreased 1.55 percent to 324.38 and the BET-NG index reflecting the evolution of the power market dipped 1.24 percent to 487.94.
Financial company SIF Moldova (SIF2) was the most liquid stock today and generated deals of 507,350 lei, falling 2.13 percent to 0.69 lei. SIF Oltenia (SIF5) depreciated 2.35 percent to 0.83 lei.
Second Romanian lender by assets BRD SocGen (BRD) eased 0.61 percent to 8.15 lei and Erste Bank (EBS) declined 0.65 percent to 76.50 lei.
Gas operator Transgaz Medias (TGN) lowered 2.81 percent to 145.20 lei and oil company Petrom (SNP) went down 2.13 percent to 0.23 lei.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei