Romania's May Net Salary Dn 3.7% M-M To RON1,356Publish date: 07-07-2009
Romania's net average salary in May was at 1,356 lei (EUR1=RON4.2036), down 3.7% compared with RON1,408 in the previous month, the National Institute for Statistics, or INS, said Monday.
The gross average salary was at RON1,855 in May, down 3.9% compared with the previous month.
Employees in airline sector saw the biggest average net salaries of RON3,296, while the hotels and restaurants industry employees were at the opposite pole with RON765.
The employees in the energy sector saw an 12.9% salary decrease on the month in May, to RON2,324 from RON2,625 in April.
Net salaries in industry averaged RON1,262 in May, down 3.9% from April's 1,312 salary. The average net salary in Romania rose 8.7% on the year in May.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei