ZEW warns economic situation of Romania is criticalPublish date: 19-06-2009
The confidence of the investors in the Romanian economy dropped in June, the index of the confidence shifting to red in spite of the fact that the optimism connected with the economic development of Central and East Europe has increased in the period under review, a report of the German institute ZEW shows. Thus, the economic situation from Romania is evaluated as critical, and the expectations of the financial experts regarding the prospects of the economy in the next six months became again negative in June, falling 13.9 points, to -2.2 points, vs. May, ZEW report shows, quoted by Mediafax.
The perception of the analysts regarding the current situation has improved 1.1 points, but it remains critical, at a very high negative level, respectively -68.1 points, reads a press release of the institute. In May, the prediction of the economists regarding the evolution of the economy has become positive, further to a spectacular rise to 11.7 points, from -14.4 points in April. Most of the participants to the survey made by ZEW in collaboration with Erste Group, respectively 43.8 per cent, estimate that the situation of the Romanian economy will remain unchanged in the coming period.
The index of the economy of Central and Eastern Europe (ECE) for the next six months rose 14.4 points in June, to 20.4 points. The evaluations of the experts regarding the present situation of ECE economy have dropped slightly vs. May by 0.9 points, to 61.3 points.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei