Romanian mineral resources agency leases 9,000sq km of Black Sea to firm controlled by Dinu PatriciuPublish date: 12-06-2009
The National Agency for Mineral Resources (ANRM) leased last year 9,000 square kilometers of the Black Sea to Marine Resources Exploration International SRL, part of the Rompetrol Holding SA, for exploration of a non-conventional energy resource.
According to the information obtained by NewsIn, the company that won the bid, Marine Resources Exploration International SRL, belongs to Rompetrol Holding SA, headquartered in Switzerland and owned by businessman and oil mogul Dinu Patriciu.
Some 3,800 square kilometers of the respective surface were in the area subject to the international dispute with neighboring Ukraine.
Marine Resources Exploration International SRL has a share capital of 719,700 lei and was set up around one month before being granted the leasing license.
ANRM head Gelu Maracineanu confirmed for NewsIn that in 2008 an exploration license for the Black Sea was granted to a company from the Rompetrol Holding.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei