Romanian President To Meet Bankers On WednesdayPublish date: 02-06-2009
Romanian President Traian Basescu will meet on Wednesday with representatives of the central bank, of the Romanian Association of Banks and of major banks on the market, official sources told MEDIAFAX Tuesday.
They are expected to discuss the economic situation, the agreements signed with parent banks to keep financing in Romania and the "First House" program, following Prime Minister Emil Boc's announcement that 16 banks are interested in the initiative.
Basescu has met several times with Central Bank governor Mugur Isarescu and officials of Romania's major banks, most recently in early March. After the meeting, the President said he will support the partnership between the banks, the Government and the Central Bank.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei