Premier says 16 banks confirm intent to join first house programPublish date: 02-06-2009
Romania's prime minister Emil Boc said that the first house buying program (Prima Casa) addressing young families could be started earlier than planned and that 16 banks voiced interest over joining the program.
The program could become operational by the end of the month, Boc said, adding that the government will come up with a bill including all the conditions imposed on banks to get involved in the program.
People buying a house through the "Prima Casa" program will pay a VAT of only 5 percent, the government and bank officials decided last week.
The state will work with all the banks answering the criteria imposed by the government: national coverage, an advance payment lower than 5 percent and interests below those of the market.
Banks will be selected through a bid organized by the Finance Ministry. By allotting 100 million euros, this program could help people buy their first house, the total purchasing value standing at 1 billion euros. The maximum loan guaranteed is of 60,000 euros, the average price of an apartment, mentioned Boc a few days ago.
The program was approved by the government on May 20. The state will guarantee 80 percent of the value of a loan.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei