Dn Payment Of 5% For EUR60,000 Guaranteed By State In First House ProjPublish date: 29-05-2009
The downpayment of 5% from the loan contracted to buy the first house will be calculated for the EUR60,000 guaranteed by the state, while banks can ask for a higher down payment for the difference of the sum, and the interest will be correlated with EURIBOR (Euro Interbank Offered Rate).
According to sources who attended the meeting between Romanian PM Emil Boc and the representatives of banks interested in attending the government's program, the enforcement norms will be decided in a new meeting next week.
Thursday's meeting was also attended by Finance Minister Gheorghe Pogea and central bank's governor Mugur Isarescu.
The Romanian Government announced Wednesday a program to guarantee the loans contracted for the purchase of the first home, within the maximum limit of EUR60,000, with the entire financing granted to this program reaching EUR1 billion.
The guarantee will be granted to the persons buying their first dwelling, who did not previously benefit from a mortgage loan.
The selection criteria of Romania's banks that will further take part in the government's program meant to guarantee loans contracted for the purchase of the first house will include charge-free early loan repayment, a down payment of maximum 5% of the loan value, and dwelling's evaluation procedures, PM Emil Boc said.
The Credit Guarantee Fund For SMEs will take a EUR100 million loan, with state guarantee for 80% of the amount, and its business line will be expanded to include mortgage loans.
According to the representatives of real estate agencies, developers and construction companies, the state guarantee of the loans for buying the first home may stimulate the real estate and constructions market, but the result depends on how the program will be applied and on banks' reactions.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei