Romania's Unicredit Tiriac Bank hikes net profit 68% y/y to lei 131m in Q1Publish date: 14-05-2009
The net profit of Unicredit Tiriac Bank rallied 68 percent to 131 million lei (31 million euros) in the first quarter of 2009 compared to the similar period last year, the lender announced.
Total assets' volume reached 18.5 billion lei (4.4 billion euros) at the end of March, up 34 percent on the same month of 2008.
The lender's credit portfolio, excluding externalized loans, amounted to 12.6 billion lei after the first three months of the year, a 39 percent climb on the first quarter of last year.
Externalized credits included, the balance of credits granted by the bank stood at 17.4 billion lei, making for a 41 percent yearly advance.
Deposits attracted by the bank surged 48 percent to 10 billion lei, leading to a credit to deposit ratio of 126 percent in the first quarter. The cost to revenue ratio amounted to 42.4 percent.
The lender's return on equity (ROE) was computed at 28 percent, while the return on assets was of 2.9 percent.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei