Romanian lender Banca Comerciala Carpatica steps in the red in Q1, following lower incomesPublish date: 12-05-2009
Romanian lender Banca Comerciala Carpatica (BCC) reported losses of 11.63 million lei in the first quarter versus a 2.64 million lei net profit in the same period last year, following 10 percent lower incomes, according to the bank's financial results sent to the local bourse.
Its assets rose 16.5 percent in the first three months, from 2.29 billion lei at the end of last year to 2.67 billion lei.
The lender's incomes amounted to 136.31 million lei in the first quarter, down 10 percent over the similar period last year, when the bank cashed in 151.27 million lei. Expenses slipped slightly to 147.95 million lei, from 148.63 million lei in the similar period last year.
Banca Comerciala Carpatica expects a ten-fold boost of gross profit this year to 8 million lei, following 7.7 percent increase in credit placements to 1.5 billion lei at year-end, according to the incomes and expenses budget approved by shareholders.
The lender counted 236 units at the end of 2008.
Its shares are listed on the Bucharest Stock Exchange (BSE) under the symbol BCC. It had a capitalization of 237.48 million lei according to a 0.113 lei per share quota settled today.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei