Foreign investors, still interested in investing in RomaniaPublish date: 23-04-2009
Foreign investors continue to show interest in the Romanian market, in spite of the international financial crisis, except for the automotive industry, more prudent as to starting new investments, according to those declared yesterday by Sorin Vasilescu, director of Romanian Agency for Foreign Investments (ARIS), Agerpres informs.
Over the first two months of the year, National Bank of Romania (BNR) reported foreign direct investments amounting to EUR 1.374 bln, by 38 per cent more than during the same time period of the previous year, when investments worth EUR 995 M were registered.
The main fields where investors have shown interest in Romania are manufacturing of non - conventional energy equipment, construction materials and IT. "The investors come from USA, Italy, Germany and China. The largest investment, nearly EUR 100 M, is in energy.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei