Romania's economy could drop 5% in Q2 and register negative growth next year tooPublish date: 23-04-2009
Romania's economy melted down 3-4 percent in the first three months this year over the similar period last year and will continue to shrink by 5 percent in the second quarter and throughout the next year, people from the government told NewsIn.
The economy could see a slight recovery starting with the third quarter this year and could lower 2 percent in the last quarter, they said.
Moreover, the Cabinet estimates that the economy in 2010 will contract by 0.1 -0.2 percent.
Earlier today the International Monetary Fund (IMF) gauged in a report that Romania's economy will reduce 4.1 percent this year and idle the next one.
The executive office is now waiting for the official letter from the IMF at the end of this week and then for the general OK of the fund's board and the European Commission's one, before receiving the 5 million euro first installment of the 20 billion euro external loan contracted to revamp the economy.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei