Intesa Sanpaolo Bank Romania to relax mortgage lending norms in 2-3 months, official saysPublish date: 07-04-2009
Intesa Sanpaolo Bank Romania, the local unit of Italy's second-biggest bank Intesa Sanpaolo SpA, will apply a new system to grant mortgages in the next 2-3 months and will release a new credit card, according to the head of bank's division of retail business development, Fabio de Grazia.
The lender plans to change the way of calculating clients' scoring for mortgages and to launch a new credit card as this segment bears high potential taking into consideration the current conditions on the market.
The representatives of Intesa Sanpaolo Bank also mentioned the lender will cut ribbon for only few units this year, after it doubled the network last year. The lender registered a 34 percent annual increase in its operating profit last year, while the credit portfolio advanced by 63 percent.
The bank's operating profit amounted last year to 35 million lei and its assets rose by 56 percent, to 2.79 billion lei. The credit portfolio reached 1.832 billion lei at the end of last year.
Net revenues also increased by 75 percent, to 149 million lei and the capital swelled three-fold, from 166 million lei to 543 million lei, through cash injections operated by the mother-bank.
The lender's staff rose too by 40 percent last year.
The Italian Intesa Sanpaolo group is the fifth biggest lender in Europe and has about 20 million clients worldwide.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei