Ford Romania Sued Over Local Tax PaymentPublish date: 07-04-2009
Carcea village mayoralty in Dolj county, southern Romania, sued Ford Romania late March this year after it previously requested the company register with the farming registry of Carcea village to pay its taxes to the local budget, which are estimated at nearly EUR2 million.
Carcea mayor Valerica Pupaza said Monday that, early September 2008, Carcea Local Council submitted a notification to Ford Romania, located in Craiova, Dolj county, and requested the company pay its taxes to Carcea's local budget. Pupaza added that one month later, Ford officials said they had nothing to do with this financial matter, stressing the issue should be tackled by Carcea and Craiova mayoralties.
According to Pupaza, Ford Romania should pay nearly EUR2 million in local taxes annually.
Ford Romania official, Nadia Crisan, said the company had not been subpoenaed until Monday, April 6, 2009, and pointed out the company would continue to pay its taxes to Craiova mayoralty until the authorities clear out this situation.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei