Lender BRD SocGen hikes 7.76% on closing on the BSE, on buying pressurePublish date: 01-04-2009
Shares of BRD SocGen rallied 7.76 percent on the Bucharest Stock Exchange (BSE), on a general market rise of 4 percent, as banking stocks were among the most attractive ones on the external markets as well.
Liquidity inched to 16.18 million lei (3.82 million euros) from 13.28 million lei in the previous session.
The BET index of the ten best companies on the market grew 3.91 percent to 2,367.47 and the BET-C composite index assessing all listed shares without financial companies upped 4.09 percent to 1,550.82.
The BET-FI index of the five financial companies or SIFs gained 4.89 percent to 10,784.29 and the ROTX index for trading blue chips in Vienna added 3.76 percent to 4,678.17.
The BET-XT index of the 25 most liquid stocks increased 4.32 percent to 224.76 and the BET-NG index of the ten power companies on the capital market went up 2.29 percent to 347.91.
Banking stocks were the most popular acquisitions on the European markets, pulling up the main indexes.
The FTSE index in London grew 2.71 percent to 3.864.86 and the DAX index in Frankfurt upped 1.41 percent to 4,045.49. The CAC40 index in Paris gained 1.14 percent to 2,750.27.
Second lender by assets BRD SocGen (BRD) was the most liquid stock today, generating deals of 4.62 million lei, and hiked 7.76 percent to 7.76 lei.
Drug maker Antibiotice Iasi (ATB) idled at 0.3960 lei and financial company SIF Moldova (SIF2) surged 7.75 percent to 0.4310 lei.
Erste Bank (EBS) inched 0.39 percent to 52 lei and lender Banca Transilvania (TLV) rose 4.64 percent to 0.79 lei.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei