Germany urges Romania to impose solutions of its own across EUPublish date: 16-03-2009
Bucharest, March 16 /Agerpres/ - While on a visit to Bucharest, deputy speaker of the German Bundestag Susanne Kastner on Monday urged Romania to come up with solutions of its own and try to impose them in across the European Union, reports a release of the European Affairs Department (DAE).
'Romania needs to grow into a European Union member capable of coming up with solutions of its own and seeking to impose them. In order to achieve this, it needs to power up local economy, real social and institutional activities. This is necessary in order to break out of the discursive frame on the European stage,' said the German official during talks with DAE head Vasile Puscas.
As for Romania's meeting the requirements of the benchmarks of the Cooperation and Verification Mechanism, Susanne Kastner said that they 'must and will be met to the best interest of Romanian citizens.' It is essential for the current government to speed up justice reform so that Romania becomes a rule-of-law state in the service of the Romanian and European citizens,' added the Bundestag deputy speaker.
The two officials approached subjects related to the institutional structure of Romania in the European decision-making process, the capacity to absorb European funding and the measures adopted by the government of Romania for the enhancement thereof, the perspectives for the improvement of infrastructure, issues related to the crackdown on corruption and preparations for elections to the European Parliament, the effects of the economic crisis on Romania and the European Union.
'The European Parliament elections campaign stands ahead of us. This is a momentous occasion, a chance and probably an imperative duty for political parties to render European their language, programs and actions. A European policy is needed, it is perfectly possible and must be carried out with support from the Romanian representatives who will win a seat in the European Parliament following these elections,' said Vasile Puscas.
The two officials agreed on the need to intensify grass-root communication efforts in all 27 member states and expressed concerns with the perspective of a low voter turnout in EP elections.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei