Bigger Group: First victim of the publicity crisisPublish date: 16-03-2009
The Bigger communication group has halted its activities, according to a declaration for Business Standard by sources close to the company. Market sources indicated that the publicity business led by Managing Director Marcel Straut, was sold, and that the situation for its some 40 employees is uncertain.
Furthermore, one of the company's important clients told Business Standard that it learned about this one hour before and had not been notified of changes in the company's shareholders or of its closure.
Bigger Group sources also explained that the current owner does not wish to maintain the activity objective which the company now has. By the closing of the print edition, Straut could not be contacted.
Bigger Group's business in 2008 amounted to some €20.7 million, of which 60 percent was generated by media components.
The closure of Bigger Group is the most important move on the Romanian publicity market in the context of the financial crisis, which is making itself felt on the media market by a drop in TV, written press, outdoor and indoor publicity.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei