BNR Governor highlights need for preventive external financingPublish date: Astazi, 15-03-2009
Governor of the National Bank of Romania (BNR) Mugur Isarescu on Friday highlighted the need for preventive external financing to secure Romania's economic development and protect the economic interests of the population, the Government reports in a press release.
Isarescu attended a meeting of the inter-ministerial committee on securing internal and external financing for Romania. The committee is composed of Prime Minister Emil Boc, Minister of Administration and Interior Dan Nica, Finance Minister Gheorghe Pogea, Economy Minister Adriean Videanu, Education Minister Ecaterina Andronescu, Health Minister Ion Bazac, Communications Minister Gabriel Sandu, Foreign Minister Cristian Diaconescu, Regional Development Minister Vasile Blaga and Agriculture Minister Ilie Sarbu.
Isarescu presented an assessment of the need for external financing, conditions, costs and the programme of measures required in this context.
The inter-ministerial meeting also discussed the resumption of lending by correlating Government's fiscal policies with the BNR monetary policies.
The Romanian authorities will continue talks with the European Commission, the World Bank, the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) and the International Monetary Fund (IMF) in order to secure external financing for Romania.
An IMF mission has been in Bucharest since Wednesday throughout March 25 to discuss the details for an agreement with the Romanian Government, after one week previously preliminary talks were held in Washington.
If the agreement is concluded, it will be the 11th agreement between Romania and the IMF. After 1990, Romania concluded only one such agreement for 2001-2003.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei