Romanians Return Cars To Leasing CompaniesPublish date: 27-02-2009
More and more Romanians return cars to leasing companies and if the unpaid loans will keep growing, the population will be affected, as the bank is only an intermediary, the central bank governor Mugur Isarecu said Thursday.
The external capital inflows became "less generous," but there were no withdrawals within the commercial banks, but on the leasing sector, Isarescu said in a press conference.
As regards lending, Isarescu said there is not a sole element on easing lending rules.
"If someone wants a loan and does not present any revenue, then…this period is wholly gone. (…) I want to sweep away the illusion of an ease on this unhealthy ground. We will no longer have what we had last summer," Isarescu said.
He said a bank is only an intermediary, and if unpaid loans would grow, the population would suffer, as they might pay the costs.
Isarescu reiterated that the currency's exchange rate lies on a sustainable ground.
The main reason of the currency's exchange rate trend is the habit of rising salaries above the productivity growth, Isarescu said, adding the productivity should be the main indicator in boosting wages.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei