UNNPR: The number of transactions could drop by up to 50% in 2009Publish date: 27-02-2009
The number of real estate transactions could drop by 30-50 percent at least this year, considering market signals and its evolution in January, when it registered an annual 50 percent drop, said Ion Marin, Vice President of the National Union of Romanian Notaries Public (UNNPR).
Marin added that he hopes that the Real estate market will begin to recover this summer, when banks are expected to resume lending. The number of real estate transactions fell some 25 percent in the last four months of 2008, and by over seven percent in 2008 year-on-year.
The downward trend, which began in September, continued in the final month of 2008, when the number of transactions dropped to 33,000, some 35 percent lower than the more than 50,000 transactions finalized in December 2007. However, the sharpest drop, of 54 percent, was registered in November.
According to estimates by the Colliers International consultancy company, some 3,000 new apartments were sold in the first half of 2008, but sales fell to some 500 units in the remaining six months.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei