Romania's retail market ups 23% y/y in 2008, to lei 219bnPublish date: 22-02-2009
Romania's retail market together with cars and fuel sales saw a 22.6 percent climb to 219 billion lei in 2008 on the previous year, according to a study of the Polish research and consultancy company PMR Publications.
The market stood at 178.65 billion lei in 2007, when it reported a yearly growth of 34 percent.
Only two Romanian companies, Altex and Ambient, made it to the top ten retailers according to sales.
The retail market is seen up 13 percent to 253 billion lei in 2009, despite the current economic environment.
The Romanian market is currently controlled by small local businesses, while modern retail is dominated by foreign companies.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei