Renault strengthens team designing 200 Logan versionsPublish date: 19-02-2009
Renault, which hired 2,200 people at Romania's Renault research centre, needs another 300 employees to develop the Logan range from around 70 versions at present to over 200 in the following years.
Thus, in a car industry going through the most difficult period of the past 30 years, Logan is drawing further investments from the French group, considering the project achieved an operating margin of 6% in 2008, compared with Renault's 0,6% one.
The 70 Logan versions were calculated on the basis of the five bodies available at present, with four petrol engines, two diesel ones, which are compliant with the Euro 2, 3 and 4 pollution norms depending on the market.
"We aren't hurt by the crisis in the least. We're operating at full capacity. For the Logan project, we're working at a total of 200 versions, including the SUV model, as well as those with automatic transmission and Euro 5 engines," Philippe Prevel, CEO of Renault Technologie Roumanie (RTR), who also coordinates the activity of engineering teams of Russia, Slovenia and Turkey, told ZF.
This year, Renault, which has so far invested 1.5bn euros, will recruit further engineers particularly for the test centre of Titu, to be launched in late 2009 or early 2010. "We're also hiring experienced personnel, not just students. At present, we have 1,300 more employees compared with 2007. At full capacity, we'll have 3,000 employees, of whom 150 will be foreigners," said Prevel, adding that the current economic situation only slowed down the pace of hiring, not halted it.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei