Romania Is A Net Beneficiary Of The EU BudgetPublish date: 18-02-2009
Romania is a net beneficiary of the EU budget, Cristina Arigho, EC spokesperson for financial programming and budget, said Tuesday in a press conference.
Asked to comment on Romanian Prime Minister Emil Boc's statement that Romania is a net contributor to the EU budget, Arigho said data for 2007 and data available for 2008 indicate that Romania is in fact a "net beneficiary".
"Romania is currently a net beneficiary. The most recent data are from 2007. Also, preliminary data for 2008 indicate Romania is a net beneficiary," she said.
She said that, according to the situation applicable to all member states, the European financial framework allows the receipt of EU compensations and financing.
"But, based on our reports regarding countries that are contributors or beneficiaries, I can confirm that Romania is a net beneficiary," Arigho concluded.
Romanian Prime Minister Emil Boc said repeatedly, with respect to EU fund absorption, that during the former liberal administration Romania was more of a net contributor to the EU budget than a beneficiary.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei