Romanian carmaker Automobile Craiova lifts last year's net profit by 28% y/y, on cut in spendingsPublish date: 18-02-2009
Net profit of Romanian carmaker Automobile Craiova (AUCS) hiked 28 percent last year versus the previous to 1.86 million lei, on lower expenses, according to results sent to the local bourse.
The carmaker had a net profit of 1.46 million lei in 2007.
Its revenues amounted to 9.55 million lei in 2008, down 7.3 percent versus the 10.3 million lei posted in the previous year. Spendings were cut by 12.3 percent to 7.22 million lei, from 8.24 million lei in 2007.
Automobile Craiova saw a 7.3 percent year-on-year decline in business last year to 9.25 million lei. Its turnover stood at 9.98 million lei in 2007.
The company is majority owned by American car producer Ford Motor Company, which took over a 72.4 percent stake from the Romanian government on March 21, in exchange of 57 million euros. Romanian financial company SIF Oltenia (SIF5) controls 22.06 percent shares.
Automobile Craiova shares are traded at the Rasdaq over-the-counter market, the XMBS section, under the symbol AUCS. It has a capitalization of 278.48 million lei at a trading value of 15 lei established today.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei