Romanian lender Banca Carpatica sees 2008 profit plunge 12 times y/y to 187,000 eurosPublish date: 15-02-2009
Romanian lender Banca Comerciala Carpatica (BCC) registered a net profit of 689,000 lei (187,000 euros) in 2008, 12 times smaller than in 2007, as the bank focused on the medium and long term management of its portfolio rather than on results and market share, the company announced.
The bank reported a net profit of 8.42 million lei in 2007.
The lending boom braked in 2008, with loans advancing a mere 4 percent to 1.34 billion lei. Assets idled at 2.29 billion lei, with credits accounting for 60 percent of this amount.
Deposits only inched 3 percent last year to 1.8 billion lei.
The bank collected revenues of 574.61 million lei by year-end, up 27 percent on 2007, while spendings amounted to 573.94 million lei after a 30 percent annual advance.
The lender has a share capital of 201.25 million lei, divided into 2.01 billion shares at a face value of 0.10 lei. The main shareholder is Ilie Carabulea, who controls 36.26 percent of the capital.
Shares of Banca Comerciala Carpatica are traded on the first tier of the BSE under the symbol BCC. It had a market value of 191.19 million lei according to a 0.0950 lei quotation established today.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei