Romanian foreign investment up 25%Publish date: 14-02-2009
Foreign investment in Romania soared by almost a quarter during 2008, new statistics have shown.
Data published by the Romania Central Bank show direct foreign investment (FDI) rocketed from 7.25 billion euros (£6.44 billion) in 2007 to more than nine billion euros (£8 billion) last year - an increase of almost 25 per cent.
According to one expert, the figures demonstrate the healthy condition of the country's economy and could spur a new generation of foreign property buyers to consider Romania.
James Gonzalez, market analyst at Obelisk Investment Property, said: "Romania's FDI inflows for 2008 are impressive, and the more or less constant stream of new investment shows that this partner is likely to continue during 2009 in spite of the global economic slowdown."
The International Monetary Fund predicts the Romanian economy will expand by 4.8 per cent during 2009.
The foreign currency exchange rate for Romania is £1.00 to 4.8142 new lei.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei