Audit: No customer data exposed in Kaspersky breachPublish date: 14-02-2009
An independent audit of a data breach at security firm Kaspersky's U.S. Web site has confirmed that no customer data was exposed, Kaspersky said on Friday.
A Romanian hacker site used a SQL injection and cross-site scripting attack to get access to a database on a Web site of the Moscow-based Kaspersky and publicized the attack on Saturday.
Kaspersky announced on Monday that it would hire database security expert David Litchfield to analyze the breach.
In the report, Litchfield concludes that an attacker based in Romania used Google to search for Web servers owned by Kaspersky running applications that may be vulnerable to a SQL injection attack, launched an attack, and attempted to gain access to customer data, but failed.
"This caused a number of other attackers from various locations to probe the site further," the report said. "None of these follow-up attackers accessed any customer data either."
The report was delivered to Kaspersky on Thursday.
The same HackersBlog site also launched subsequent SLQ injection attacks on Web sites of two other security firms, BitDefender and F-Secure.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei