Romanian Car Registrations Tumble In JanPublish date: 10-02-2009
Romanian new car registrations dropped by 53.1% on the year in January, to 13,815 units, while 5,941 used cars were registered in January, down 52.2% in the same month a year earlier.
In January 2008, there were 29,499 new cars registered and 12,439 used ones, according to data from the license and car registration division within the Ministry of Interior.
The total number of car registrations, including both the new and the second-hand vehicles, were at 19,756 units in January, down 52.8% compared with 41,938 units in the corresponding month of the previous year.
On the month, new car registrations fell by 26.7% in January, while the number of second-hand was almost ten-times lower compared with December.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei