Romanian Govt Should Support Local Unit Of FordPublish date: 09-02-2009
Head of Romania's Social Democratic Party, Mircea Geoana, said Saturday that the Government should consider an integrated set of measures supporting the local unit of American carmaker Ford, which forms, together with Romanian carmaker Dacia, "the pillar" of the local auto industry.
He showed satisfaction with the Senate's approval of the Government ordinance granting state aid to Ford.
"I am very pleased that the Romanian Senate passed an emergency ordinance approving a scheme of state aid to Ford, which allows this important unit on local and national level to continue its activity," Geoana said.
The Executive should consider the adoption of an "integrated set of measures" to support the car plant in Craiova, he said.
"I think that in this moment, the Government should consider an integrated set of measures supporting Ford, similar to the way it supports Dacia, in Mioveni, as the two companies are the pillar of the auto industry and of its survival in Romania," Geoana said.
"I am convinced the Government will be open-minded about the requests made by Ford, and we will see to it that this is done in a balanced way, with the support granted to Dacia Pitesti," Geoana said.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei