BVB registers record lows on a daily basisPublish date: 04-02-2009
The total value of companies listed on the Bucharest Stock Exchange (BVB), with the exception of Erste Bank, dropped yesterday below €5 billion, the lowest level in four and a half years. In the summer of 2007, BVB's capitalization amounted to €30 bln.
Transactions made by investors on BVB's spot market amounted to RON 4.2 million (€0.9 mln) yesterday, considering no issuer totaled transactions worth RON 1 mln.
The Banca Transilvania shares (TLV) registered the best liquidity, of RON 0.8 mln (€0.18 mln), while stagnating for the second session in a row.
Analysts say that, in normal market conditions, the Stock Exchange should not continue to decline, given the current low quotations, but add that reality has many times proven otherwise.
The BET index of the top ten most liquid shares rose 0.1 percent yesterday, while the BET-C fell 0.5 percent. The five financial investment companies gained one percent on average, after losing the same percentage one day earlier.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei