Procter & Gamble invests 50 million dollars in Urlati and creates 150 jobsPublish date: 04-02-2009
Procter & Gamble, the biggest player in the non-food consumer goods industry, will invest 50 million dollars by the spring of 2010 in the first stage of the construction of a factory that will make shampoo and other hair care products in Urlati, Prahova County.
The P&G factory, the construction of which started yesterday, will employ 150 people at first and half of the output will be delivered in the Balkan region.
"We intend to recruit extensively from the Urlati area, but we will also take engineers from Ploiesti and Bucharest. We already have ongoing programmes involving students from the technical faculties in these cities," said Daniel Myers, vice-president of Product Supply Global Hair Care of P&G.
In Urlati, a 12,000-people town, unemployment currently stands at 12%, according to the local authorities, which estimate the investment of Procter & Gamble will reduce this rate at 1-2%.
The second phase of the project could start in 2010, with several markets targeted including Ukraine, Russia and Turkey, Procter & Gamble officials said.
The investment the consumer goods producer will make in the town of Prahova County has also attracted a greenfield project from one of the main suppliers of packaging for P&G, US-based Plastipack company. The group is in talks with the local authorities to lease a six-hectare plot of land in Urlati. Both P&G and Plastipack will be located on the extension of the Ploiesti Industrial Park in Urlati.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei