Selling stake in insurer triggers 17% hike in net profit of Banca Transilvania to 398.23m leiPublish date: 30-01-2009
The fifth lender by assets in Romania, Banca Transilvania, announced net profit last year climbed 17 percent over the previous one to 398.23 million lei stemming from the sale of stake in insurer Asiban, according to the company's preliminary results.
Banca Transilvania's net profit in 2007 stood at 339.97 million lei.
The lender sold in 2008 some 25 percent of Asiban obtaining 222.50 million lei. Its operating profit stood at 175.73 million lei. Assets climbed 23 percent year-on-year in 2008, to 17.02 billion lei.
Yet, lending pushed the brake pedal in the fourth quarter last year, affected by the general market slump caused by the financial crisis and the new lending rules of the central bank created to fence risks when lending.
Moreover, the bank's liquidity is 3.42 million lei deposited at the central lender while 800 million lei are placed in state securities currently valued at 1.30 billion lei.
Revenues last year reached 4.29 billion lei, a 59 percent advance over the previous year while spending grew 66 percent to 3.82 billion lei.
Banca Transilvania has a share capital of 1.06 billion lei divided into 1.06 billion shares and is owned 14.54 percent by the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development.
The lender has a market value of 868.95 million lei corresponding to the last trading price of 0.82 percent today. Shares are traded at the first tier of the Bucharest Stock Exchange under the symbol TLV.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei