Romania To Release 10,000 Work Permits For Foreigners In '09Publish date: 25-01-2009
Romania will release nearly 10,000 work permits for foreign citizens in 2009 and the number could go up in ratio with market requirements, Marius Lazar, secretary of state with Romania's Labor Ministry, said Sunday in western city of Arad.
Lazar said the decision to release nearly 10,000 work permits was made following talks between ministry officials, social partners and owners' associations.
He also said that, according to estimations, the country's unemployment rate would not exceed 5% in 2009.
According to Lazar, the government is ready to grant 130,000 unemployment benefits on a monthly basis in 2009, compared with an average 118,000 in 2008.
Lazar highlighted the ministry plans to build a stronger relation with social partners and even name a secretary of state for the relation with unions.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei