Some UniCredit Tiriac bank clients worth up to Euro30 mlnPublish date: 21-01-2009
The minimum threshold to access UniCredit Tiriac's private banking services tripled this year to €300,000, as the bank is adjusting its strategy on this segment "to meet the higher degree of sophistication of high income clients," according to the lender's Private Banking Department head, Monica Ionescu.
The decision leads to further segmentation of the market, as other lenders are also more interested in the wealth of their clients than their number. The local subsidiary of ING and BRD-Societe Generale have a minimum €100,000 threshold. Banca Comerciala Romana (BCR) has the largest client portfolio and a minimum threshold of €75,000, while Raiffeisen Bank targets an increase in its client database, and has set €40,000 as minimum client investment.
The largest private UniCredit Tiriac bank accounts increased some 20-30 percent in the past four months. "We have some clients whose portfolios amount to €25-30 million. We believe this is the right time for such a strategy change to raise the access threshold," Ionescu added. "To make better and more profitable investments, with better diversification, one needs more funds, especially abroad," she added. Furthermore, according to Ionescu, this guarantees better client selection. The wealth of private banking clients is significant for all lenders.
"One cannot enter a foreign market with small investments of €10,000-30,000, and there cannot be proper diversification, including on foreign markets, for example in eurobonds, with €75,000-100,000," Ionescu said. In the case of BCR and Raiffeisen, the largest accounts exceed €10 million. Of the total 2,000 Raiffeisen private banking clients, several hundred have assets in excess of €1 million. Assets managed by private banking services exceeded €3.1 billion at the end of 2008, some 40 percent higher year-on-year.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei