Romanian Prognosis Comm Sees '09 Avg Leu Exch Rate At RON4 Vs EuroPublish date: 20-01-2009
The National Prognosis Commission, or CNP, sees the average exchange rate of the Romanian leu at RON4 against the euro, weaker than the RON3.6 to the euro exchange rate it predicted in October 2008, the commission said Monday in an interim forecast.
CNP forecasts the 2010 exchange rate at RON4.09 to the euro, also weaker than the commission's fall prediction of RON3.5 to the euro.
The Romanian currency started at the end of last year a descending path, and the leu touched an all-time low, on January 13, when the central bank computed an indicative of RON4.2985 against the euro.
The Romanian Prognosis Commission forecasts the descending path will continue in the coming years, reversing its October predictions when it estimated the leu will continue to appreciate in the next few years.
Thus, CNP is now predicting the leu average exchange rate at RON4.17 to the euro in 2011, RON4.24 to the euro in 2012, and RON4.31 to the euro in 2013.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei