Romania's Econ Ministry Vows To Revive Industry, Ensure Energy SecurityPublish date: 19-01-2009
Romania's democrat liberal economy minister Adriean Videanu said Saturday, at the meeting of the party's legislative groups, that his ministry undertakes to revive the country's industry sectors and ensure its energy security.
Videanu stressed Romania cannot build a solid economic growth on services or consumption alone, arguing industry is the main engine for the country's growth.
The minister also said he plans to capitalize Romania's potential and ensure its energy security, adding he wants to back the private sector, which is, to a great extent, the main contributor to the state budget.
He highlighted that only a solid and elaborate state budget will allow the government to actually back the private sector, which was seriously affected by the economic crisis.
Moreover, Videanu said a "wise" budget would boost ratings agencies' confidence in government's fiscal policies, which will trigger upgraded ratings for Romania.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei