Romania Parental Leave Ceiling Set At 3 Avg WagesPublish date: 30-12-2008
Romania's parental leave ceiling will equal three average wages, governmental sources told Mediafax Tuesday.
The former Government established the value of parental leave at 85% of the average of the last 12 months' incomes.
In October the nominal gross average wage announced by the National Statistics Institute was of 1,795 lei (EUR1=RON3.9860), and the net wage reached RON1,327.
Romanian President Traian Basescu announced end October that parental leave will be equal to 85% of the insured's average monthly income in 12 months before the claim, but no less than the current level of the benefit, of RON600.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei