The crisis is affecting company acquisition processPublish date: 30-12-2008
The financial crisis will soon change the conditions for acquisitions in the IT industry. According to specialists, in times of financial crisis, which will sooner or later become an economic crisis, company acquisitions become very important, especially for their defensive role.
"In order to overcome a crisis, stronger companies which have very good cash positions, may be interested in acquiring firms that are more affected by the crisis, or have even filed for bankruptcy," said Marius Ghenea, owner of the Pcfun.ro online shop. Thus, the market becomes more compact and there is a Real possibility of lowering the cost basis, through the operating integration of activities of the targeted company.
Specialists added that in the near future, most companies will want to sell and very few enterprises will be interested in buying. Buyers would be motivated by a higher market share or market consolidation, said Bogdan Musat, Marketing Manager of Totalsoft, for Business Standard.
"As incredible as it may seem, studies show that Romania is the most attractive business environment in Central and Eastern Europe," added Ghenea.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei