Vienna Insurance Group appoints two new members to the Surveillance Council at AsiromPublish date: 30-12-2008
Vienna Insurance Group (VIG), Austria's biggest insurance company, named Gerhard Lahner and Daniela Cretu at the board of the Surveillance Council at local insurer Asirom for a two-year mandate, according to a release sent to the Rasdaq over-the-counter market.
The Surveillance Council also includes Martin Simhandl, Judit Agnes Havasi, Eric Leiss, Nicolae Iliuta and Peter Hofinger, who is its president.
Asirom shareholders decided to select PricewaterhouseCoopers Audit SRL to carry out financial auditing.
The insurance company is 85.91 percent controlled by VIG, which is also the majority shareholder of other insurers in Romania, including Omniasig and Omniasig Asigurari de Viata.
VIG reported nine-month gross premium written of 494.8 million euros, a 64 percent rise over the similar period last year.
After an agreement with Austrian-based Erste Bank, VIG took over at the end of March the insurance businesses of the Austrian lender, including those on the Romanian market. Therefore, VIG now controls the majority stakes in BCR Asigurari de Viata and BCR Asigurari which are part of BCR.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei