Alpha Bank Romania runs 200 offices at year-end, after it cut ribbon for 75 units in 2008Publish date: 30-12-2008
Romanian lender Alpha Bank, the unit of the Greek-based Alpha group, reached 200 units countrywide at the end of the year, versus 125 units in the previous one, completing target for this year, the bank announced.
About 48 units are located in Bucharest, while the other 152 are spread countrywide.
The lender plans to upgrade the quality of its services and products next year and also to expand network, despite a slower advance following the market's status, said the company's executive manager, Sergiu Oprescu.
Alpha Bank Romania posted 104.6 percent boost in gross profit year-on-year in the first nine months, on massive advance of credits.
The bank recorded a gross profit of 47.8 million euros in the first nine months, versus 23.3 million euros in the similar period last year. Credits assigned by the bank hiked 72 percent, from 2.34 to 4.03 billion euros.
Alpha's operating revenues increased 77.7 percent year-on-year in the first nine months, to 134.2 million euros, while the operating spendings grew 54.3 percent to 75.4 million euros.
Alpha Bank Romania increased its market share on the credit segment to 7.6 percent after the first nine months.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei