October, the month of BSE crashPublish date: 29-12-2008
October brought many black days for the investors on BSE after the BET index sank 32.68 percent and the BET-FI index plunged 56.45 percent.
After several crashes of the BET index until the maximum variation limit of minus 12 percent in one day, the bourse’s board decided to suspend transactions three times and maintained a pre-opening session until 4 p.m. once, in a bid to temper investors’ panic.
Many investment funds and private investors exited the Bucharest market in October following the unsafe international context and sold portfolios without taking into account selling prices.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei