Allianz Tiriac expects less than 10% growth for general insurancePublish date: 17-12-2008
Allianz-Tiriac, the leading player on the insurance market has budgeted an under 10% increase on the general insurance segment, which accounts for 90% of the insurer's overall business, while so far, the company has seen two-digit growth. "It hasn't been easy to put together the 2009 budget.
We had several scenarios that we later changed. The first scenario provided for an over 10% growth, and the latest suggests a less than 10% increase. There are many uncertain things, that only time will clear up," said Aurel Badea, executive manager of Allianz-Tiriac's general insurance segment.
He says Romania has not gone through such a crisis up until now, and that the government's strategy now plays an important part. "We are not devising scenarios as to the impact of the crisis on the market, but the government and its policy play an important part, because the insurance market is dependent on the economy as a whole. If the economy functions well, insurance demand is on the rise, and if the economy is down, insurance demand also declines, but not proportionately. There are certain types of insurance that stand to gain in a crisis, such as commercial credit insurance," added Badea.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei