Uniqa to establish a life insurance companyPublish date: Astazi, 16-12-2008
The Uniqa group will establish a company which will operate strictly on the life insurance segment, and has already filed documents for preauthorization with the Insurance Supervisory Commission (CSA), sources within the Austrian group told Business Standard.
Uniqa officials hope that the new company will become operational in the first half of 2009. There are 19 companies present on the life insurance segment, which generated gross premium income in excess of €361 million in this year's first nine months, 19.7 percent of the total market. Major players include ING, AIG Life, BCR Asigurari de Viata, Asiban, Allianz-Tiriac, Asirom, Aviva, Grawe Romania, Generali, and Omniasig Asigurari de Viata. Life insurance registered a 26.77 percent annual growth rate in this year's first three quarters, compared to a 25.3 percent rise in general insurance.
The growth pace of the insurance market, whose value was estimated at €2.5 billion in 2008, will slow to 10-15 percent from the 25 percent growth rate registered in the past few years.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei